Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Prepared Photographer...

I am not.

IMG_5274
Boy, I wish I has brought a tripod for the fireworks at the Balloon thingie tonite.  I had actually a 'no' vote in for going down to the Brickyard.  After all it was cold (47 when we got home) and the wind was howling...Not a lot of fun.  BUT I really enjoyed the stuff after all!  The balloon glow was canceled due to the winds...but that moved the fireworks up a bit and gave the opportunity to get up close for some candling shots.  After 100+ shots of fireworks I think a few are presentable...hand holding the camera for a firework picture is tough without blur.

We came just in time to hear the Gin Blossoms finish their set with a little 'Hey Jealousy'.
IMG_5258
Since the glow was canceled, I got a chance to get some cool shots. I like this one all though my cheap UV filter I added to the lens really shows the flame bleeding into the dark area(?). But I still dig it.
_IMG_5301
We went back to the car so Hayden could hang out inside while we watched the fireworks. We had a stellar view from right beside the car. This was the scene just before the show.
IMG_5318
_IMG_5394_IMG_5404
This one was a little shaky but it would have been cool:
IMG_5383
Thanks Heather for casting the decisive vote and Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Great stuff...especially for not having a tripod

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture of the firworks,very cool! M&P