Monday, May 17, 2010

To move the blog?

I am deciding whether or not to move the blog. Not because I am displeased in any way but more to have a higher Geek factor of hosting it from PEC central (my closet's server). I've installed a free blog engine written in .NET (my so called specialty) and migrated all previous blog data over. The "Master Page" has not been edited to match colors, headers etc but that can be done if this gets serious.

Cons:

Need to back up stuff
Hosting from my house is slower than Google (no really?)
My 5 readers may get lost trying to find the blog..

Upside:

I own www.painterelcinco.com
It's cool

Visit my site and let me know what you think about load time, etc:

www.pjpainter.com/blog

3 comments:

Becky said...

Load time a little longer, but not long enough to make me give up. :) I guess if a higher Geek factor is your goal...then I say go all out! :)

Lepeintre said...

As long as you can keep a standard it standard, so you can go back if you want, sounds good. Nothing more frustrating then wanted to look back in history, and not know where to look. Site looks good!

supercooper5 said...

For a personal blog the load time was not bad at all. I had CS 5 envy last week, this week I have el Cinco envy. Go to the new blog