Saturday, November 13, 2010

All Pro Dad and the SCoHCC

I took J to the All Pro Dad event at the Colt’s practice facility.  B didn’t feel like going so it was a good time to bond with #2. While it was pretty cool, there was quite a bit of talking combined with thefootball drills.  Otherwise free stuff was to be had and high fives with the Colt’s head coach.









Part 2, the Sammy Club of HCC.

With now a source of income it was time to retire the ol’ washer who’s ratllings and moaning had gotten too much to bear.  I was gonna go for a basic front loader Samsung but I am a serious sucker for a deal and this was a deal worthy of black Friday… nearly 45% off.  Some of my other high percentage off purchases have not been so wise…like the laminator…who needs a laminator in the house even if it was 90% off?  I also have three tubes of cognac colored shoe polish and no cognac colored shoes…but I digress.

I thought the kids would love seeing the new Samsung spin and agitate.  But I win the prize for most time spent staring at the washer.  I know, a nice shiny spinning thing will make most men go into a thought coma but I have always loved the sight of a working washer. I have memories of my grandparent’s Charlotte house who's washer would work even with the door open…Good Stuff.  Guess I’m weird. The washer is pretty cool tho…uses a fraction (like 1/10) of the water of the top loader and spins so fast our drier might even be able to complete its work in one cycle.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Ooo! Shiny!

louise said...

Glad you and number two son got to go to the Colts, thing. I'm sure Jake loved every minute. Like the new washer, Matt & Sarah got new ones two, both front loading machines. Don't know that they got the % off you did. We got their old ones(four yearsold) newer than ours. H loves it and Sarah said she love hers too. Good deal! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.