I've been playing around in Linux again using Ubuntu in my office personal computer as a dual boot with XP. This may be considered sacrilege since I am certified in Microsoft .NET technology. All so I can have the flavor of the day when at the desk. I post processed these photos exclusively in Ubuntu using GIMP and Shotwell photo manager. Blogging is certainly easier using Windows Live Writer (highly recommended for any blogger out there). On this outing I set daylight white balance and manual exposure around 1/500 sec on the 50mm. It may not have been quite fast enough to freeze action but some pics ended up with a nice motion effect. Focus (my arch enemy) was another story. I can't easily get the pop up pics blogging in Ubuntu so they are not available. Spelling check...not so much either, so wish me luck.
I had Hayden duty as this is the hill of death and destruction. He wisely chooses the rear position and lets me take the snow in the face.
We had a group of pals sledding with us:
1 comment:
Hey Paul, I don't understand all the technical stuff(news to you right?)But love the pics partiiding behind you, particulary the one of Hayden hiding behind you and peeking around your shoulder to see where your going just in case. Way to go Jake for trying again on the board. Love ya'll M&P
Post a Comment