Saturday, October 17, 2009

Peppermint Mocha, attempt #1

Y'all know how the ladies like the Peppermint Mocha creamer. In fact some have been known to hoard a supply before this seasonal delicacy disappears for the year. I said to myself, "self, surely some clever woman has come up with a home brew for this addiction". After a brief google, I set out to try one out. Here is the recipe:
  • Pint of fat free Half & Half
  • 2oz (1/4 Cup) white chocolate
  • 1/8 Cup peppermint syrup (she used Starbucks)
Of course I deviated from the plan...like I always do (usually to lesser rewards) and made some substitutions: regular half & half (89 cents), Ghiradelli W Chocolate ($1.30 /serving) and target peppermint syrup (cheap? maybe 30 cents worth?).

IMG_1554

Anyway melt the choco in the creamer on low heat...the choco like melted with warm cream anyway (cocoa butter melts at 94-97 degrees) then stir in the syrup...pretty simple.

It was pretty good although a little less potent than I like (Heather will have the final say) But some changes might include:

going with the ff creamer, the choco and the typical amount of creamer used lends itself to being a little too rich.

maybe trying the white morsels vs real white choco. the artificial kick of flavor would be good IMO.

throwing a little sugar in.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

If you hit on the perfect recipe so that we can have Peppermint Mocha all year long, we will declare you the "King of Creamer" and will sing your praises!