Edit: We had an injury to one of our men during the paintball. Shawn is home now but still in need of prayer for pain relief and healing. He took a paintball in the eye.
So now it is appropriate to summarize the trip a bit. We had a wonderful time with great fellowship, fire, combat, welts, off key singing and some manly connecting. The fire was the main attraction Friday night, cooking tube steaks, marshmallows, etc. We had men sharing deep stuff in between the interruptions of the facility owner discussing the finer points of pumping out the septic tank.


So now it is appropriate to summarize the trip a bit. We had a wonderful time with great fellowship, fire, combat, welts, off key singing and some manly connecting. The fire was the main attraction Friday night, cooking tube steaks, marshmallows, etc. We had men sharing deep stuff in between the interruptions of the facility owner discussing the finer points of pumping out the septic tank.
After midnight it was time for some Euchre. Not being a native midwesterner, I had little experience with this game but my bridge experience helped...Shelby and I were victorious. BTW at game point you have to simulate "teats" with your thumbs for your partner to milk. This was news to me but we managed to pull that off to after five minutes of hysteria.
Everyone enjoyed danishes, coffee filtered through napkins and a dead battery for breakfast.


Paintball...well, I can't post much about paintball. I had glorious plans to take my camera into the battle zone but then I came to my senses.
With the exception of our man down, this was one of the most successful men's outings yet for HCC's mens group. Hopefully more good times to come..
4 comments:
You do WHAT with your thumbs???? I am a native midwesterner and I play euchre and I've never heard of that. Must be an Indiana thing. In Illinois at game point you say that you're "in the barn" and then you Moo. At least you do if you're my brother-in-law, Joel.
If your "in the barn"...you have to "milk the cow"
Dusty says, "Sounds like a personal issue". I prefer to keep my thumbs to myself.
That is how I learned to play....I must admit, it does sound pretty funn! Glad you all had a fun time.
Post a Comment