Today I needed a break from the non stop study involved in my computer certification. So why not re-live the glory days? With the generous donation of some subs from Dan the Man, I set out to go BUMP! A few substitutions were in order to stay in budget...scrounging the house for wire, tools, electrical tape etc. SO what if the kid's dvd player is no longer putting out sound...silence is golden after all...and I don't have to buy new cables! Low grade plywood takes the place of MDF. And the power cable...$3 wal mart 12 gage wire + a couple of lengths of wire borrowed from my 89 Escort's old wiring harness...all spliced together. There is also an old lamp missing it's cord which is now my ground. Yep it's ghetto. I guessed at the box volume since I had no specs for the sub. It's around 2 cubic feet sealed.

This is my killer Made in the USA HiFonics Amp...back when HiFonics was great stuff. Heather tried to dump it in no less than 3 yard sales unsuccessfully..God knew that one day it would bring me joy again :) 10 bucks!...whatever.
Dan also gave me the Monster Cable set...Sweet!

Unfortunately our copy of Vanilla Ice is on cassette. SO KLove will have to do for now...until I find my LL Cool J CD.
5 comments:
Ive got an old Savard 12in woofer if you want it!!
$10!!! for the Vulcan! That's inconceivable! Drop the Bass, bro. Drop the Bass.
I think you were around Homer too much! :)
wow. impressive.
oh tell me yes - - - - this is great stuff..... in the mini-van no less.
It could only truely be old school if you had an old station wagon.
Post a Comment