Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A message from the desk of PEC

IMG_3710

Most of you already know but in case you don't...

I was subject to a "workforce reduction" at HP. All 27+ of our class were informed yesterday...one business day after we completed training. While explanation escapes me for the training cost associated with hiring so many people in error we must keep our focus in the right place...moving forward trying to discover what God has in store for us as family. There are many in my class less fortunate than I. People who loaded up their belongings and moved to West Lafayette, husbands who leased 1 bedroom apartments as they left their families behind to work during the week, people driving slowly to work just waiting for that first paycheck to fix the grinding brakes on their car and even people battling cancer.

I am truly blessed to have such a supportive group of friends and family and pray for those who don't have that luxury or the eternal strength of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to take the burden. (It still stinks tho)

OK I feel better, back to work.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

OK...so I'm in the "still praying, but this stinks" crowd! Glad to see the bull is taking it well and keeping busy. Is he looking at slickdeals.net? :)

PEC said...

Funny you should say...at 2pm I ordered a commercial 7 outlet power strip after looking at slick deals (for eight bucks shipped) and an hour later I was unemployed. Freaking SD WTHeck.

Becky said...

So sorry Paul! It does stink. Praying for you and your family. God does have a plan and maybe this next one is a little closer to home. :) Keep the faith!! On a side note, Heidi could use some help in Puggles. ;P

Anonymous said...

Yep, it stinks major but God has a plan and we are praying for Him to let ya'll in on His plan as soon as possible. Keeping trusting in Him. Love you all. M&P