Thursday, January 31, 2008

Oh the cost of labor...

Yeah I knew it was coming... $79 to "diagnose" the fact that the induction blower was indeed too noisy and $120 to install the new motor next week. Thanks goodness the part was warrantied. I had researched the part online... probably $150+ to repair myself and then sweat voiding the warranty on the rest of the unit. Time to suck it up and be quiet. I really don't mind paying when I have to for skilled labor (especially when I am gainfully employed!) but I can't stand paying for repairs I might be able to do myself. The only thing worse is paying someone to redo the repair I just did wrong, or stepping through the ceiling in my bedroom (from the attic) to see my wife and her parents looking up at me... but thats a different story.

On a side note our old dog Buster is limping today, I can't find anything stuck in his paw so we will wait and see...poor Buster.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Blah...at least there's the warranty. By the way, I'm digging the early 90's hair and sweaters from the pic! :)