SO I know this has been coming for a month... Bryson's class trip to the Indianapolis Children's Museum. We had signed me up as a chaperon and I bid last month to have today off. Now I am not the type who like to be amongst 20,000 screaming kids but I had to take one for the team.
Bryson had a rough night with upset tummy issues but felt OK this morning so we gave it a go. We arrived at school to find he was not paired with his buds with "randomly" with two girls whom I am now responsible for. I was impressed to see more dads than moms chaperoning the event. Off we go. Only one kid threw up on the bus ride there...not too bad eh?
I must say, not having any girls myself I was unaware of the acute development of the manipulation gene at such a young age! They had Bryson securely in their grasp, outnumbering him on any choices to be made on where to go in the museum. He was like a man beaten down, reduced to a lemming. In retrospect it was good practice for later in life when he's married. I was just trying to keep track of three students amongst the masses.
Overall a great trip, even with Bryson fatigued from the night before I feel he liked having me there...plus I bought him and the girls cookies just before we left. The other kids were so jealous.
No comments:
Post a Comment