We arrived in Monterrey arround 11:00 CST leaving the day to explore downtown and grab some authentic Mexican Grub. We are staying in town with lots to see just outside the hotel. I have pictures but can't upload them here. Surprisingly, all the places we've been to so far take US or Mexican currency with a fair conversion (10 pesos = $1US) I did get $250 pesos from an ATM...I think (hope) the service fee will = $1US :o
We ate lunch at a joint translated to mean "the monestary" which you guessed it used to be a monestary. The waitress was dressed as a nun...spooky. She didn't speak english but my FO helped us out and we ended up with a pretty good meal. Afterwards we walked around, scored a Virtual Geocache and grabbed a McFlurrie (chips a hoy). I paid for the McFlurrie with a $20 Peso bill and she looked at me expectantly...so I gave her another 20...what'd you expect my first time here? 26 pesos for a mcflurrie.
Aside from that, the terrain is impressive, the weather is somewhere in the upper 70s or lower 80s, life is good. I had hoped to find Heather an exotic Birthday gift but it's more like Myrte Beach (not in a bad way) with normal stuff for sell.
I'm wiped out so I may call it a night without another meal. Ta Ta
Update...I had 100 pesos burnin a hole in my pocket so I struck out solo...back down the strip checking out the wares. Finaly settled on some kind of sandwhich with chicken, sausage, avacado and who kows what else. Delicious. Unfortunately I got a fountain drink not thinking about the Maxican water issue....I sure hope I don't regret that!
2 comments:
Ooo oo oo... there's this one place there that had good food.. it was like a restaurant with a side bar type place. They had a band playing the Cranberries. You should totally go there! I bet that's a nice flight into the plateau surrounded by mountains.
Lttl Bro
Mexican Food + Mexican Water = The Mexican Runs!!!
DACIA
Post a Comment