Thursday, March 27, 2008

"Sad Dad Bad Had"...Dr Suess

Today was a whopper. It started in the hotel in the dead of night...BTW I realize its not all about me.

1: a piercing alarm went off. I felt this was a little overkill for a clock alarm and as the fuzzyness of hard core sleep wore off I realized it was the building's fire alarm. 'Been there, Done that' I thought as I considered covering my head with a pillow and going back to sleep but common sense prevailed and I got dressed and headed down 10 flights of stairs with 100 other people (I was unknowingly still wearing my breath right too ugggh. A little while later I was going up 10 flights of stairs although it was a longer trip (I had already used the elliptical that night in an effort to combat the 18 25cent chicken wings I had for dinner and my legs were burning). Back to bed only to look forward to my real 4:45 AM wake up call.

2: It is inappropriate to get into technical details of the Cedar Rapids to Denver flight that stunk. Lets just say: "Stinky Weather, Reserve Fuel, and Aviation Oil...."

3: My Mocha in Denver was only Luke Warm but my sticky bun was pretty good.

4: I get a call in Denver thinking someone loves me and is genuinely interested in my day...It's Sarah dialing the wrong number..JK Sarah

5: Denver to Minneapolis is OKiDoeKie

6: Now a 2 hour Delay to Chicago, the gate boards later than we requested, making us nearly miss our ATC Takeoff Time (These are things that drives el Capitan crazy) Rear bathroom soaked in well you know...Bumpy to O'Hare, Nasty snowy crosswind.

7: Chicago to Indy running late from our previous flight, turbulence galore, low visibility in Indy. Why on the last day of a trip?

Now the good stuff. Was able to look forward to getting home all day! Going to NC tomorrow! Maybe even a little B&B time sans kids! Yeah!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sorry :( I half expected a photo of the lukewarm mocha. Have a safe and fun trip to NC guys!