We were going crazy in the house, waiting for that ever elusive spat of warm weather to allow some outdoor activity. Today 45 degrees was close enough. We headed to Washington Township park down the road for some Geocaching. Ol' Eggnog hasn't done much caching lately so it was good to shake the rust off.
The first cache was found by Bryson pretty quick. Nice for him having no clue what shape/size to look for.
Next we headed down to another cache I had tried before. The cache has a "decoy" ammo can that doesn't count as a find but contains plenty of geoswag. The boys found the decoy and traded the stuff they had brought along. We then searched to no avail for the real cache.
One last micro on the lower trails. It was under a bridge, magnetically attached to one of the bolts :-). Tiny, Tiny, Tiny. We (by we, I mean Jake) then of course dropped it on the ground and had to search in the mucky leaves to find it.
No story for this picture other than I like it a lot. They may have complained at first but I think the kids enjoyed the outing. They never asked to go home after we got to the park which was nice! And a few cache finds to boot!
Of course by the time we were done it was 1:30 and everyone was starving...bet you can guess what next.


1 comment:
Hmmm...let me see if I can accurately interpret the last photo - "Would you put the camera down and tell me what you want to eat!" :)
Post a Comment