Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Physical Therapy, American Idol and Caffeine

I'm usually not a big AI fan but with the new DVR we can skip the 6000 commercials making it worthwhile. I must say that last night's performance by David Archuleta was stunning...WOW. I watched it a few times today just to put that half smile back on my face. Youtube has a video of him performing that same song on ABC at age 13 which makes his performance no less moving but a little more understandably polished.

Today was the first visit to the physical therapist on the northeast side. She seems very experienced I found it curious that she immediately brought up Ramsay Hunt Syndrome instead of Bell's Palsy since I strongly feel that was the actual culprit. Anyway, she observed me making different facial expressions and felt the muscles in my cheek. She used rather painfull "massaging" to relax some of them that are overdeveloped. They are overdeveloped because they "fire" with all facial expressions. The exercises I have to do at home try to separate the muscles for different expressions...it's not going to be easy, I have two exercises to start with and don't see her again for a month. 3 times a day probably 20-30 minutes to yield slow results. Puckering lips actually produces the most notable synkenesis making me look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. But I am still loved :-)

Day 4 on my non-caffeinated mission to relax and get healthy and I have no headache...thats good. I aint sayin' never again but lets see if it helps me not be a stress ball. Decaf will have to do.

1 comment:

Andy Harrower said...

killin' caffeine will help - not sure on the stress levels though... good luck. I switched for the most part to diet caffeine free sodas.

hope that you are good.
Andy