Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Empowering Verses

Heather has a knack for finding appropriate verses for the situation. This one is written on a folded piece of paper and placed on the kitchen table this morning:

IMG_2738.jpg

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:38-39

Just what the Doc ordered. Feel free to share other verses in comments.

Bible Gateway

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord plans for good and not to harm you, plans to give you Hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11. I think I may have paraphase it a little bit! but it is empowering when you think about it. It has become one of my favorite verses. We love ya'll and you are in our prayers always. Mamaw & Papaw

Heidi said...

Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching, and you will find. Keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7.

I like the HCSB translation on this one. The answer doesn't always come after knocking and asking once. Sometimes you have to just keep asking and searching.

Anonymous said...

2 Corinthians 12:10
So because of Christ, I am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Anonymous said...

Surely Jacob doesn't get his sense of humor from his father! Did Heather tell you about your childs "sense of humor"? I don't think either of us could breath for at least 3 minutes. Seriously, the funniest thing that's happened in a long long time.

Anonymous said...

It was very Hilarious!

Becky said...

8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Joshua 1:8

Ladd said...

From one of your mother's recent invocations.

"Holy and gracious God,

Into your healing presence we come, a mixed bunch of emotions and expectations. In the place where love reigns, peace is not far behind. So we are your grateful people, for we know we are at home wherever the spirit reigns. This is freedom, breaking the bonds of fear and guilt that bind us, that we put our trust in Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer, and there find our rest."

Peace is not far behind, Dad