Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Scenic Route

This is the view of a one lane wooden bridge taken from the car and hour after I said: "lets take the scenic route". Plug in the most direct route from Knoxville in the GPS and off we go. Little did we know. I take full responsibility for this one. We did see lots of great views. We also drove on mountainous roads crossing the smokies...up down left right...even sitting in traffic in Sevierville. It only cost us 2 and half extra hours.

100_4252

We stopped a couple of times since te curves were getting to the boys. This stop was for the temp gauge in the car. Goin' uphill with the A/C blasting, the car top carrier and temps in the 90's took the car into new territory it may not have seen in it's 215000 miles.

100_4254

This is Heather's face wondering if her car was going to blow up. She was wonderful though encouraging her husband who hasn't quite learned about GPS "shortcuts" yet.

IMG_3041

Part of the journey that was "worth it"...on top of the Tennesee mountains.

IMG_3047

Just in case you were wondering, we did make it (5:30am-8:00pm)...too late to go out but the boys are pumped.

IMG_3054

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like a ton of fun, even with all of the wandering around. Wonder if the New Jersey crew had as much fun. :)

Sarah said...

I wish I were there! We saw alot of gas stations and toll roads! We are going to make the best of it...really...tomorrow the liberty bell!