Friday, July 25, 2008

Retaining Wall part 2

Diane, whatever you do...don't read this post.

The retaining wall is finished...the resulting privacy fence is a little intimidating viewed from the back yard as it's nearly 9 feet from the ground. We are planning some landscaping around the base of it to make it simmer down a bit. Heather is a unsure about the privacy part so we'll see if she commands a partial demolition. Placing the posts ended up being tricky with the cherry tree's roots close by.

IMG_3649.JPG

VS

Retaining Wall.jpg

I should really have 3 2x4's on the back of the fence but the 4x4's I had on hand were a bit short. Oh well.

IMG_3647.JPG

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm seeing some landscaping maybe some hanging flowers off of the fence. No wait, even better....a mural of the Painter El Cinco bull painted on the fence. Yes!

Anonymous said...

The temptation was too great. I had to read it. I do agree with Heidi about the hanging flowers and the El Cinco Bull!!