
Here is Hayden eating lunch...why is this important?...stay tuned

We crossed the suspension bridge over the deepest sandstone gorge in the USA (or something like that) and chose trail 3. If we had kept our park brochure with us we would have seen trail 3 was rated "very rugged" with ladders and a bagillion stairs over 1.7 miles and included a description to the tune of "some areas may be inaccessible during periods of high water". But since we didn't have that info, we pressed on. Note that I am carrying Hayden in the backpack...he is a bit large for this and I am feeling it....but hey its only trail 3.
I'm sure Mamaw just gasped when imagining her youngest grandchild being hauled up that ladder in a backpack. I wont lie, he wasn't real sure about it either. This next shot was taken after climbing some of the bagillion stairs. (cropped to remove substantial gut. FYI using my 'painter el crappo lens' to reduce camera weight)

While I can't show you adequately what lay ahead, it envolved wading, slipping, sweat and tears. But it was fun. Heather squeezed off this shot while navigating the stream:
But at the end of that part everyone was still intact and happy.
Just a couple of shots walking the back 9, beautiful stuff!

Afterward we headed to the Pool at the park to cool off. I would post some pictures of that but this post is starting to look like Diane's ;-). A couple of hours there and Heather's evil plan became evident. Uh-Oh we cant make it home in time for dinner! Off to the Turkey Run Inn for the seafood buffet. Very good and priced reasonable. I take the boys to the gift shop. Hay didn't eat much and starts to cry... a little belch (you know whats next). I skillfully whisk him up as the vomit comes out blocking any projectile particles with my hand while running for the exit. I make it out without a drop hitting the floor. Instead it's allover my shirt, shorts and arm. I find a hose nearby and start cleaning. Heather in the meantime is polishing off her 30th jumbo shrimp inside oblivious to the events unfolding. We made it home and enjoyed the day despite the vomitose Hayden...time for bed.


3 comments:
I'm sorry...vomitose is never a good word to have to use. We did trail 3 several years back, only we did the loop in the opposite directions so you get to go DOWN the majority of the stairs and ladders. ;)
ahhh Turkey Run. One of my favorite places. You pictures made me look for a time to go... soon. But sorry, I don't want Hayden to come with us!
Getting them started a little early on the seafood buffet huh paul?! One day grasshopper you will learn the way of the buffet!
Post a Comment