Friday, January 30, 2009

C'est fini...or at least for now

Don't ask me to recount my remodeling experience. I need a few days to forget the pain and heartache. I am not a plumber, a carpenter or a drywall guy. I only know the first 10 seconds of most songs. I can't take the time required for perfection... Pretty much the anti-Dusty (yet I want to do his job?). I'm a lover not a fighter...something like that. It took 5 trips to Lowes and an equal number to Menards. I went through 4 toilet wax rings to get it right....(that includes the minor emergency in the other bathroom's toilet, the only one available at the time) Heather has a few more grays...but she wears them so well :-) I do like the beadboard a lot. We also had to ax the shower door as it was too expensive. Still. it cost half of what our insurance deductible would have been. Now it is complete...mostly.

5 comments:

Becky said...

How do you post pics side by side? I can not figure it out!

Becky said...

Thanks for the info! It does help. I think you're right about the width, because I did that, it just didn't work. =]

Paul and Briana said...

Hayden with the camera??? So cute. I'm glad that you got everything done--again sorry we were not there to help. Tell Heather that we are glad she made it through too! Love you guys.

Heidi said...

Now a new chapter of life in the Painter home can begin!

Anonymous said...

It looks terrific! We think you did a great job by yourself, that is hard work. from your in-laws, we're home still swaying with boat lag and jet lag! love ya'll