
Road Block #2: Shut off valve to leaky faucet was leaky after not being used for 30 years. Replaced with quarter turn ball valve...made in China. Used 5 pounds of solder. All joints were good....but valve was defective, super slow leak from the shaft....doesn't appear to be serviceable. Must replace eventually. I don't know how those burn marks, solder drips and holes got there! Really.
Other than that the walls are up and waiting on finishing mud work to dry...then plastic tub surround, bead board, trim, shower door, paint.


Here is a great resting place for the new 35 dollar toilet. If you are visiting our house and feel the new toilet is wonderful...be sure to let Heather know...it'll make her feel better. I think I'll put the old toilet on the front porch too and use it as a planter.



Here is a great resting place for the new 35 dollar toilet. If you are visiting our house and feel the new toilet is wonderful...be sure to let Heather know...it'll make her feel better. I think I'll put the old toilet on the front porch too and use it as a planter.


2 comments:
God Bless that woman!
Why does everyone home project tend to turn into three projects? And why can I never seem to finish mine without starting another?
Post a Comment