The number one problem is the wallpaper. I block all memories of removing wallpaper from my mind as it is usually quite traumatic. I scrounge up my wallpaper scoring tool and some ancient remover and get to work. After two hours I am about to scream. Do I really have to take the toilet out? I'm maybe a 3rd done with the wallpaper. This 2 day project may turn into a marathon. At least it'll be quicker than Uncle No's...I think he took two years. And now somehow my laptop started playing Cinderella's Long Cold Winter Album...?
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The Bathroom
Every house has a room that the owners forbid guests from seeing. Whether it's Rachie's closet at the H's, or a stuffed junk room, or maybe just your entire house etc. you just don't ask. Our master bath is one of those places. We shielded our eyes for the sake of the "pros" when we bought the house (I wish we has listed the cons in detail but thats another story) but I can take it no longer. Plus I need to feel useful. Becky's wonderful bathroom spruce up is our model. (Of course if ours looked like her's before she started I would be happy).
The number one problem is the wallpaper. I block all memories of removing wallpaper from my mind as it is usually quite traumatic. I scrounge up my wallpaper scoring tool and some ancient remover and get to work. After two hours I am about to scream. Do I really have to take the toilet out? I'm maybe a 3rd done with the wallpaper. This 2 day project may turn into a marathon. At least it'll be quicker than Uncle No's...I think he took two years. And now somehow my laptop started playing Cinderella's Long Cold Winter Album...?
The number one problem is the wallpaper. I block all memories of removing wallpaper from my mind as it is usually quite traumatic. I scrounge up my wallpaper scoring tool and some ancient remover and get to work. After two hours I am about to scream. Do I really have to take the toilet out? I'm maybe a 3rd done with the wallpaper. This 2 day project may turn into a marathon. At least it'll be quicker than Uncle No's...I think he took two years. And now somehow my laptop started playing Cinderella's Long Cold Winter Album...?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
FROM THE GILLIAMS: FROM EXPERIENCE- TO MAKE THE JOB LESS TEDIOUS-GET A SPRAY AT HOME DEPOT OR THE PAINT STORE -JUST SPRAY -WAIT AND WALLA! OFF COMES THE PAPER WITH NOT A LOT OF SCRAPING.LOVE YOU ALL- DON'T ENVY YOU THAT JOB!
I've got the enzyme spray...however the paper is water resistant. scoring helps but the stuff just isn't soaking in. I'm just gonna rip the walls out and replace the drywall.
Let's see...my "forbid" room: The loft. It's an accounting nightmare. Good luck.
PS I feel honored to be mentioned on the El Cinco blog. Thanks for the compliment!
Rip the walls out and replace the drywall??? Who would do something crazy like that! :)
That's it! Now I have to go clean that closet out tomorrow. Grrr! :)
Post a Comment