Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 2, one more for for the melon..

Today I mustered what pathetic strength I had left to scrape the remainder of that nasty floor covering up. It earned me 1/3 of a point with heather since the whole job is worth 1 point according to men's fraternity. We went through two quarts of water based concentrate which required no ventilation (I think) to get the adhesive and vinyl backing removed. I tried my hand at some skim coat to cover the holes in the latex leveler and level the dining room slab. Maybe tomorrow we'll be done. Dad, the hearing protection came in handy removing the tack strip with hammer and bar. Can't wait for more snow to come! And just for the record...I didn't vote for green cabinets.

IMG_3502IMG_3503

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A question, did you move the fridge to get the vingl up right? And that is where your starting with the new floor. right? No, O.K.
Looking good so far. Love ya J&L

Lepeintre said...

Even the pictures look cold. Maybe it's just the bright outside, but looks cold to me.