Saturday, January 16, 2010

So much for that first paycheck...

When life gives you lemons...you must have a Chrysler! Oh well the magic couldn't last forever. Just when prosperity strikes, your car strikes back, or you need a heater, or your "Pastor with a Sugar-Mama-Wife" goes on a cruise..(not really a bad thing I guess :-]) I spent the afternoon changing the alternator on the Chrysler. It was a decision made as an educated guess on the cause of some noise that sounded like the bearings failing. The new one is now in but not after some heartache from losing a bolt......argh! I had to get an identical thread bolt from Lowes (albeit with a different head) to replace. And a little fairy told me I may have cross threaded something.

I also investigated a leak and it's source appears to be the rack and pinion. That would coincide with the slow loss of PS fluid. Yeah Baby! At least it isn't the transmission. I googled and found plenty of threads with 2006 owners reporting the same problem.

In the end replacing the thing at home saved tons of $$ and brother Noel happened to have a coupon code to use at Advance that saved 50 bucks!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Do you repair heat pumps?!?!? Oh well...onward and upward!

Sarah said...

you are so funny.....